FunDoc – Automated Function Documentation
The objective of the Visu-IT! FunDoc tool is to ease the documentation process of simulation models. At this junction it is designed as a first-step tool in your documentation process chain. FunDoc is able to connect to several development tools and place the gathered information at user’s disposal for edit or print.
-> FunDoc helps to automate the function documentation process!
- Automated generation of function documentation
- Functionality to handle updated function/simulation models
- Functionality to handle updated function/simulation interfaces
- Meta Exchange Formats
- Using well accepted ASAM standards (MDX, FSX, CDF, CC)
- Independent from documentation formatter
- Independent from modeling/simulation tool
- The current version supports both Matlab/Simulink and Ascet models
- Modular concept
- Suitable for one single function
- Suitable for a set of functions (or even all functions)
- Viewer/Editor with extended features
The following figure shows the principal process flow:
- FunDoc gathers simulation model information from Matlab/Simulink and Ascet
- This model information can be combined with data dictionary information from ADD
- All the gathered information is stored in Meta Exchange Formats (ASAM compliant)
- After viewing and editing the data in the FunDoc–Editor, a final documentation can be generated with a suitable PDF formatter
FunDoc – Editor
The FunDoc Editor provides extended smart viewing features like:
The FunDoc – Editor additionally provides the feature to detect and display differences in diagrams (-> model diff)!