ADD – Automotive Data Dictionary
ADD represents a global data dictionary for all ECU labels/variables used in a company/organisation. The single source concept of ADD eases the handling and management of data declarations over all projects.
Due to the (company-wide) availability and uniqueness of these labels, ADD allows a continuous and consistent data declaration during the whole development process.
Single Source & Continuous Data Flow
Main objective is to centralize all data elements/definitions and to support the reuse of the data for the function development part as well as to the software development.
This means that everyone is able to select a data definition from a single source, where the data is stored unique, project- as well as editor- independent. Thus it is ensured, that the data definitions are equal in the whole development process.
ADD avoids redundancy of data due to company wide availability and uniqueness of these data.
Main Objectives for seamless data definition covered by ADD
- Provide a central and company-wide accessible database as a single source for data definitions (project- as well as editor-independent!)
- Ensure company(world)-wide availability and multi-user capability
- Support consistency checks during the definition
- Ensure data consistency by using versioning and lifecycle for all data definitions
- Allocate data and data flow driven search and analyze capabilities
- Provide a continuous data process from System to Software
- Improve the quality of the interface description
- Provide check operations of several hierarchy levels (modules, aggregates and projects) in a very early step of the development process